Monday, May 10, 2010

The First Post

D'you reckon a blog is the ultimate blank page? You might even say it's a compounded blank page because there's really no end to it; it could go on indefinitely.

I started this blog for a combination of reasons. First of all, I hate writing in a book with a pen or pencil. I can't write fast enough and I can barely read it later. I used to love the act of putting pen to paper until I realized that it was simply a romantic cliche I kept for all the wrong reasons. My thoughts emerge more naturally this way.

Next, photos. I've always wanted to capture life in words, but lately I've become obsessed with more visual types of communication like film, photography (although it remains a slow journey to teach myself the fundamentals) and fonts. God, I love fonts. I promise I will post photos to complement my entries, when it seems right.

Finally, this is my antidote to procrastination and writer's block. Yes, sir, please give me a small injection--one part procrastination and one part writer's block--and announce me forever immune. Similarly, I hope the more I write, the more ideas will flood my mind and explode all over this blog. I'm sorry to leave you with that visual.

I had intended to explain the blog name. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment